Purpose of Site

I, Wallace Haws, am solely responsible for the content of this site. The purpose of the site is to make it easier for me to share what I have found in researching my ancestors with family members so we are not repeating the same steps each generation, over and over again, but rather that each generation can build upon the previous generation. I hope as family members read this, they will want to share what they are learning with other family members. Please do not hesitate to contact me on this blog or at my email address: wallace_haws@msn.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Favorite Internet Sites

The following are my favorite online genealogical research sites divided by area of interest.
    GENERAL   This is a sheet listing most of my research sites
    familysearch.org  This is the LDS church site.  Millions of records are added each week
    Ancestry.com  Subscription site well worth it's cost if you do research every week.
    Familysearch.org  (a free site which adds milliions of records every week)
    findagrave.com   ( good place to find headstones)
    usgenweb.com   Select the US state you are interested in and search their records

No comments:

Post a Comment