Purpose of Site

I, Wallace Haws, am solely responsible for the content of this site. The purpose of the site is to make it easier for me to share what I have found in researching my ancestors with family members so we are not repeating the same steps each generation, over and over again, but rather that each generation can build upon the previous generation. I hope as family members read this, they will want to share what they are learning with other family members. Please do not hesitate to contact me on this blog or at my email address: wallace_haws@msn.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

John Odle


John Odle PID:L7JJ-FBV

John Odle was born 1800 in Indiana.  He married Jane Conway in Indiana then moved to Moniteau, Missouri.  Using GPS coordinates of property owned by John Odle's son, John C. Odle, Edith and I located an old home when we visited Missouri in June 2010.  We had a wonderful time, but the location where John Odle and his wife Jane Conway died and were buried remains a mystery as does the name of the parents of John Odle.  You may review the timeline for the family and documents I have found so far under "Hotlinks".  At the present there is a lot of confusion as to who his father is.  Some sources on nfs, Ancestry.com and others say his father is John Odle and his mother is Nancy Moore, however no-one offers any documentation so I find it difficult to swallow yet.

I corresponded with Jack MacDonald who seemed to know a lot of information on the question of John's parents, but he does not have any documents to share.  He has posted an interesting PDF with a summary of research and a long list of documentation at the end of the document, but without giving a repository, page number or film number.    ODELL FAMILY     The following are records you might want to search for first.
  1. Randolph County, Indiana, 1818-1990 compiled by the Randolph Historical Society. 
  2. Ross County, Ohio families.  Vol. II.  Compiled by the Ross County Genealogical Society.
  3. Tax Records, Ross Co., OH  (1808-1830)
I found mention of a possible record of a marriage for JOHN ODLE and NANCY MOORE in Jefferson Co., Tennessee (license date) November 21, 1797.  As usual though, the person did not give an documentation for the source.  It is worth checking out though.

19 Nov 2011 I just found a very interesting site listing a lot of information for the John Odle/Nancy Moore connection WITH documentation.  Worth checking out!  JOHN/NANCY

20 Nov 2011 I found another great site for Odles.  ODLEFAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment